Healthwatch Hillingdon is a volunteer-led organisation, and volunteering lies at the heart of all that we do. We appreciate and rely on the range of experiences and skills that all our volunteers bring to our organisation. We believe that by encouraging and enabling people to play a more active part in changing their communities, that together we can make a real difference.
The role of the Engagement Volunteer is to assist the Engagement & Communications Officer in raising the profile of Healthwatch Hillingdon. They will also help to reach out to all communities living in Hillingdon, to gather the views and experiences of communities and individuals, to gather evidential information to inform commissioners and providers of the patient’s experiences of service quality.
Healthwatch Hillingdon carries out engagement in a variety of ways and the Engagement Volunteer will have the opportunity to specialise in a specific area, or become involved in more than one of the following methods:
· Staff an information stall at a community event.
· Attend or facilitate at a workshop or focus group.
· Make a presentation.
· Attend meetings with existing voluntary and community sectors and user-led groups especially those from hard-to-reach / under-represented groups and communities.
· Carry out public surveys or consultation questionnaires.
· The setting up of equipment at events
If you have a passion for working with people and a strong desire to improve the experiences of health and social care services for the adults, young people and children of Hillingdon, then this is a fantastic opportunity and we would be delighted to hear from you.Engagement Volunteer Role Description (906)
Click here to apply