What is Healthwatch Hillingdon?
Healthwatch Hillingdon helps people get the best out of their local health and social care services, such as doctors, dentists, hospitals and mental health services, whether it’s improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow. Healthwatch Hillingdon is all about local people being able to influence how local services work. By making sure their views and experiences are gathered, considered and acted upon, we can help make services better now and in the future.
Healthwatch Hillingdon wants to make sure that the voices of children and young people like you are heard so we are creating Young Healthwatch Hillingdon.
What is Young Healthwatch Hillingdon?
Young Healthwatch Hillingdon will be made up of volunteers who will represent the views of children and young people living, working or studying in Hillingdon. They will do this by:
- Sharing and promoting information about health issues and services that affect children and young people through events, social media updates and reports.
- Speaking to children and young people and gathering their views about what health issues and services are important to them.
- Working with health and social care services representatives to try to shape and improve services for children and young people.
Who can apply to be a part of Young Healthwatch Hillingdon?
If you are aged between 11 and 25 and live, work or study in Hillingdon, you can apply to be a part of Young Healthwatch Hillingdon. The important thing to remember is that you don’t need to be a health expert to be a part of Young Healthwatch Hillingdon. We will give you the training and information you need to carry out your role.
How can I apply for a Young Healthwatch Hillingdon role?
There several roles you can apply for and there are short descriptions of these below. For more information, click on the name of each role.
- Young Healthwatch Hillingdon Panel – The Young Healthwatch Hillingdon Panel (made up of 12 members) will plan the work of Young Healthwatch Hillingdon. There are several Coordinator roles on the panel. More information about these is included on the panel application form.
- Young Healthwatch Hillingdon Health Champions – Health Champions will represent Young Healthwatch Hillingdon at their school, college or university. They will gather views, share information and help at events.
- Young Healthwatch Hillingdon Health Inspectors – We are not currently recruiting any new Health Inspectors.
If you are interested in applying to join Young Healthwatch Hillingdon, please contact Kim on 01895 272 997 or at email@example.com
Young Healthwatch Hillingdon on…
‘Young Healthwatch Hillingdon on…’ is where you can find out more about the things that our Young Healthwatch Hillingdon members are getting up to.
Young Healthwatch Hillingdon is funded by the Big Lottery Fund.