Through the Hillingdon Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB), and the London SAB, representatives are being sought to ensure people with lived experience of Safeguarding and their voices are at the heart of Safeguarding governance and practice in Hillingdon and across London.
There are opportunities both locally in Hillingdon, and as part of a wider group for all London residents. To find out more about local roles, call the Hillingdon Safeguarding Partnership Implementation Unit on 01895 277855 (or by using the QR code above), or registering your interest through the application form.
Below is a summary of the role description for the London Safeguarding Voices Group (LSVG), and requirements (provided by the London Association of Directors of Adult Social Services - ADASS):
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking people from all walks of life, with differing levels and types of lived experience of Safeguarding, either personally, as a family member or a Carer. You may not have been involved with anything like this before and this will be your opportunity to make a real difference to future safeguarding practices in London. Specifically:
- You live or work in London or have an adult relative being cared for in London.
- You have experience of Safeguarding either personally or as a family member or a Carer.
- You are committed and passionate about improving outcomes for adults who are at risk of being abused, meaning that people will get a better experience and results to their lives.
- You are committed and supportive of the work of the LSAB.
- You are committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- You will know how to use and have access to IT equipment and Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and other packages (Note: we are happy to discuss your computer/ IT needs and support where we can with this)
What will the role involve?
You will be expected to attend monthly virtual meetings. Each meeting will last for 90 minutes and take place via Zoom or MS Teams. The meetings will enable you to contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of safeguarding work programmes.
Will I be supported?
We promise that you will be supported to ensure you have the confidence to make a meaningful contribution and that you enjoy the experience.
What will I get from the role?
The Opportunity to contribute to:
- Influencing the Making Safeguarding Personal Regional Agenda
- Influencing safeguarding practices across London
- Developing safeguarding services for the future
- Improving people’s experience of safeguarding
For more information about the LSVG, visit the London ADASS website.
For more information, please see the full role description below - however, if you would like to contribute but aren’t able to commit to the London Safeguarding Voices group we still want to hear from you and explore ways to gather your views
To register your interest, please fill out our application form.