Hillingdon CCG is the organisation responsible for planning and buying local NHS healthcare services and they want to provide residents with muscle and joint problems with a more 'joined up' service that gives patients quicker access to the most clinically appropriate treatment.
The key changes planned are:
- Patients will be referred to a single point where a team of clinicians and other health care professionals will assess and arrange the most appropriate treatment to meet their needs. The aim is to help patients avoid having to attend unnecessary appointments.
- Future plans for residents to be able to self-refer to the service, helping people to the right care promptly.
- Integrating services so they work closely together to ensure care is more coordinated for patients.
- Improving access by increasing the opening times of services and the appointments available for patients.
- Looking to make services more convenient, by providing some services closer to patients home.
Hillingdon CCG and Healthwatch Hillingdon would like to hear from current service users and residents who may be affected by these plans. You can let us know your views by either completing an online survey or by contacting Healthwatch Hillingdon to provide feedback throughout the engagement period, which ends on 14 May 2018.
How to get involved
Please contact Charmaine Goodridge at Healthwatch Hillingdon by emailing: Charmaine.Goodridge@healthwatchhillingdon.org.uk, telephoning 01895 272997 or call into our shop in The Pavilions Shopping Centre in Uxbridge.