How to Complain

Although Healthwatch Hillingdon doesn’t hande individual complaints, we can tell you who to complain to locally in Hillingdon.  We also work very closely with the the NHS Complaints Advocacy service, Voiceability. They provide independent, confidential and free practical support and information to anyone who wants to complain about an NHS service, which includes the following:

  • a hospital
  • your General Practitioner (GP)
  • a dentist
  • a pharmacist
  • an optician
  • a paramedic or ambulance staff member
  • NHS community staff
  • other NHS staff or clinicians

To make a Complaint about an NHS service, click here

To make a complaint about a Private health service, click here

Complaints Tools

You might find some of the following useful to help make your complaint.

Letter – The Which consumer rights website has a Letter you can use as a template to complain to your GP. This can be adapted to complain to other public service providers as well such as a dentist or optician).

Healthwatch England complaints tool, will take you through the process.