Advice, Concerns and Complaints

If as a patient, relative or a carer you find yourself in a position where support is needed, either for advice or to share concerns, or to make a complaint, one or more of the options below will be able to offer help for you.


> If your complaint or comment relates to commissioning services for NHS Hillingdon CCG please contact the Patient Advice Liaison Service/Complaints team at Brent and Harrow:

Tel: 020 8795 6459

Brent, Ealing, Harrow and Hillingdon Clinical Commissioning Groups,
Wembley Centre for Health and Care,
116 Chaplin Road,
Middlesex, HA0 4UZ.

> NHS England – Primary Care Complaints – Additionally, patients who have a comment or complaint about a GP, dentist, pharmacy or optician, which cannot be resolved locally with the practice manager, can contact NHS England using the above or the following details:
NHS England,
PO Box 16738,
Redditch B97 9PT,

Tel: 0300 311 22 33

Please note: All the relevant information regarding existing complaints, including files (electronic and hard copy), have been passed to NHS England – London Region complaints team who can be contacted at or 020 3350 4500.

Patients who have a comment or complaint about a hospital, mental health or community trust should always contact the provider directly or contact their local CCG who will be able to help.



> The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) – provides support on all matters regarding The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust services including Accident and Emergency, Inpatients and Outpatients.
Contact can be made with THH PALS via online form, telephone or post below:

> Central and North West London’s NHS Fundation Trust PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) – which provides support on matters regarding local mental health services and Hillingdon Community Health Services provided by the CNWL’s NHS Foundation Trust. The Hillingdon Community Health website can be found here.

> London Borough of Hillingdon compliments and complaints – which covers the London Borough of Hillingdon’s department for Social Care, Health, Housing and Children services. Online complaints can be submitted here to the appropriate department.

> Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) – offers free, independent and confidential support for Hillingdon services providing NHS care or treatment. POhWER is the chosen provider of ICAS in the London area.

> Care Quality Commission (CQC) – regulate care provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies and voluntary organisations, aiming to make sure better care is provided for everyone – in hospitals, care homes and people’s own homes. The CQC website provides some useful advice and information on how to share concerns and complaints – here.

> The Patients’ Association – provides a signposting service for independent information and advice on a range of healthcare issues.

> Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman – consider complaints that government departments, a range of other public bodies in the UK, and the NHS in England, have not acted properly or fairly, have provided a poor service or failed to act upon or satisfactorily respond to a concern or complaint. A Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman can provide further support and acts independently of the NHS and government.

> General Medical Council (GMC) – regulate doctors in the UK and provides advice for patients which aims to explain when you should refer a doctor to the GMC and when you should report a doctor to his employers or via local procedures.

> Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) – is a independent charity which promotes better patient safety and justice for people who have been affected by a medical accident. The group believe a ‘medical accident’ is where avoidable harm has been caused as a result of treatment or failure to treat appropriately.

> Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) – provides free, independent and confidential advice on a wide range of issues. The local Hillingdon and Ealing Citizens Advice Bureau can be found here.

> NHS Choices – is a useful online ‘front door’ to the NHS, providing a wealth of knowledge and information you might need to make choices about your health. It also includes a comprehensive guide on the procedures for advice, concerns and complaints depending on the NHS organisation. In addition, please note that the all website content can be translated into numerous languages – follow the ‘translate’ link at the top of each page.

> MyhealthLondon – is a website providing health and wellbeing information about local healthcare services from a unique London perspective, with a ‘no-holds barred’ approach to providing clear information about local healthcare services. A useful enhanced search engine tool allows the user to compare GP practices against the London standards, and other health and social care services; including care homes, dementia services and maternity services.

If you require further information Contact us today